Thursday, September 3, 2009

School Days 2009

Another school year has begun. We are off to a great start and the kids have a great spirit. The kids' schooling is very important to me. I don't want them to miss out on everything just because they are homeschooled on the mission field. So, I have determined to do all I can to make school exciting, a quiet atmosphere, a great learning time, and fun. I get many of my ideas from our home church's Christian School - Sequoia Baptist Academy. Ever since I attended school at the Sequoia Baptist Academy, we have memorized a book of the Bible during the school year. This is one of the great traditions I am passing on to my children. This year we are learning I Peter and I have committed to learn it with them. How precious it is to hear kids quote scripture that has been memorized and hidden in their hearts.
Another great opportunity that is unique to this year is having others close by to have "school days". Two other American families in Tallinn (a little more than an hour away) homeschool their children. Our desire is to get together about once a month for some kind of special day - field trip, educational trip, play day, P.E. Day, etc. This will be a special treat for the kids. All three of mine are very excited.
I pray that the Lord will daily guide me as I train and teach my children in the way they should go. As a Christian mother, my responsibility is so much more than teaching them in Math, History, Spelling, etc. Lord, please help me not to fail the most precious thing you have given me by forgetting to teach them what is most important....about YOU.
Happy School Year 2009-10

1 comment:

  1. I wish you all of the best in your school year. I just have two to homeschool this year, which is a blessing because of all of the mess we live in right now (we just recently moved to our "construction site"... ahem... "home.") The Lord is helping us find everything and stay on track, despite the dust! He is SO good!

    I love your idea of learning an entire book of the Bible during the school year. We learn individual verses (one verse each week, all year long) and repeat all of them every morning. This is something I learned from David's family. It takes out quite a chunk of our morning, but memorizing the Scriptures is never a waste of time!

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...