Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day

Happy New Year to all of you! Our family is excited to begin our journey into the year 2010. Our prayer is to be vessels unto honour, meet for the Master's use (II Timothy 2:20-21).

On the first day of this new year we enjoyed playing in the snow. We have been getting lots this winter. The kids have spent hours playing, sleding, and having snowball fights.


This evening we took some time and wrote down a list of goals we would like to accomplish or things we would like to improve in the new year. The kids' list will be posted above their desk at school for a daily reminder to them. Ron and I also wrote down goals that involve the family. One thing on my list is to have a more joyful spirit and wear a smile (even if I don't feel like it). This is something the kids will notice if I do it or not - since my attitude has a big effect on their lives. Proverbs 15:13 says, "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance:..."


Sarah wants to work on kindness and obeying.


One of Andrew's goals is to not be a "king me first". Great goal isn't it??? So many people in life live to please themselves. I am so proud of his desire to serve others. It won't be easy, but with God's help, he can do it.



Daniel wants to read his Bible through this year. Mommy is going to be his loudest cheerleader as I encourage him to make his goal. Proverbs 13:19 says, "The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul:..."

I am ending the first day of a new year with a heart full of joy. God has blessed us with more than we deserve. My heart is also challenged to please my Heavenly Father in 2010.
Our Christmas and holiday activities will be in my next post.....

4 comments:

  1. Love that photo of the children!

    Wishing you & your family a very blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have a lot of snow! I bet your kids are enjoying that.

    What good ideas to write down goals for the new year.

    Happy New Year, Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a great encouragement for training our children to put the Lord and others first. Thank you for this reminder. I loved your "smilebox" pictures, the pictures on here, and your new blog look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel...I just found you by way of Pam's blog Good News. Your family is precious. I have a g'son by the name of Daniel Brian!

    Please stop by for a visit!

    HOPE

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...