Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ladies Night Out

The Monday night before I left the states to return home to Estonia was a Ladies Night Out at my home church. On the mission field, we do not have an established church to have events like this, so I was excited to attend. Earlier in February, shortly after I arrived in the states, my mom asked me if I would give the challenge that evening. I was humbled and honored to be asked and began praying that very day that God would use me.
The theme that night was MISSIONS. The goal was to get the ladies of Sequoia Baptist Church more personally involved with missionary ladies that are supported by our church. What a joy to be a part of (and sent out of) a missions-minded church.
My challenge that night was on TEAMWORK and being a team-player. We looked into the book of Esther and focused on chapter 4. (If you are not familiar with this story, I challenge you to take some time and read the entire book of Esther....you won't be sorry) In this chapter we see that Mordecai and Esther worked together to get a very important job done. Esther had to go before the King (univited) to plead for the lives of her people. Meanwhile Mordecai and all the Jews in Shushan were to fast and pray. Do you think one job was more important than the other?? I don't! Both were important and both needed to be done. Missions is much the same way - the church and the missionary are on the same team to get an important job done. Missionaries need finances from churches to live on a foreign field. We also need the prayers of God's people to stay in the battle, be strong, remain faithful, be encouraged, minister to others, etc. The local church and the missionary - both are important!!! If we are not faithful, we are letting our team down. What kind of team player are you???


Dinner ~ a variety of delicious food!

GAME TIME

Even the games matched the MISSIONS theme. Each team was given the names of all the missionaries our church supports, then they had to find the piece of paper with the field where they serve.


Next, place the paper with the missionary's name on the map.
A great way to get more familiar with the missionaries and their field.
Thanks for the great game, Becky (my sister).


What a great night of encouragement I had just visiting with the sweet ladies of our sending church. Ladies, you were a blessing to me! It is awesome to know that I have a great team of ladies praying for me and other missionary wives.


Ps. I want to say a special THANK YOU to my dad for watching my grandma, Sarah, and Caleb for me so that I could attend the Ladies Night Out. Thanks, Dad. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time. I liked your "sermon" out of Esther. It's a good thing for us men that God reserves preaching in church for us. Otherwise, some of us may be "put out of business" with the women preaching good stuff like that! :)

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...