Saturday, April 10, 2010

Doing My Part...

What a joy it is to serve the Lord. Our family had a busy, yet exciting week as we prepared for Resurrection Sunday. I enjoy serving with my husband and children in the ministry. There is nothing that brings more joy or is more fulfulling than serving the Lord and others.

My first project was making special invitations inviting people to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus with us. These were handed out to the students at Ron's English class, the kids invited their piano teachers, and other personal contacts.


The church building needed to be changed from a class room to an auditorium. Ron and the boys did a great job of carrying chairs and setting up tables.



Then we began getting the tables ready for the meal that would follow the church service.


(Andrew also helped with security)

The kids were such a huge help setting the tables, cleaning, moping, etc. Many times they did not have to be asked, they were asking for things to do to help.



Decorating the tables...



Friday night and Saturday I was busy in the kitchen making all the food to feed our guests that had been invited.




I made several loaves of bread for Tallinn and Johvi.




Two carrot cakes.....



with cream cheese frosting. It was SO good!



We also had sandwiches, macaroni salad, coleslaw, and a vegetable tray.

Our guests enjoying the meal.
As I made invitations, decorated, and prepared food I spent time praying that God would use each thing to be a blessing to whoever came to the service. We never know what God will use in someone's life.
You can see pictures and read more about our first service in Johvi here

There are so many ways a person can help serve and be a part. Everyone can't sing specials, teach a class, play the piano, etc....BUT everyone can do something. Are you doing your part? Where ever God has you, there is something that YOU can do. My prayer is that I will always be willing to serve my Lord in any way I can.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome looking bread! Delicious looking cake! I may have to tell April to make me one of those carrot cakes.
    Glad the kids could help. Brings back memories of wanting to help mom and dad at church when we were kids.
    Very excited that you guys had such a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful decorations and a lot of work represented in those pictures... especially the food (which looks mouth-watering)! Very inspiring to see all of your hard work, and I know that it will not return void!

    Glad you are "doing your part" in Estonia! We are so proud of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, a couple of comments that just must be made...

    1. That is a SERIOUS loaf of bread!
    2. Andrew is not going to appreciate that picture someday!

    Thanks for sharing the pictures. Enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your invitations! And I need/want your bread recipe...it looks so yummy! Love seeing all the God is doing in your church! We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...