Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our "Library"

This summer I was sure wishing for a library to take my kids to. They had read almost every {kid} book in our house. It was at this point that I began to have a little bit of a "poor us...we don't have a library" attitude. I have great memories of my mom taking my brothers, sister, and I to the library during the summer time and we would spend lots of time reading during our summer vacation. Libraries are just so much fun for kids who like to read. A book can take you so many places....it's like you are really there. All of the kids have discovered the joy of opening a book and escaping to a place of their choosing while still in the comfort of our home.
Soon after summer began we found out that another American family in Tallinn was leaving and they had some things they were selling. We planned a time to go to their house to see what was for sale. Sitting there were several boxes of books!!! There were books to choose from that each of my kids would enjoy....little golden books, Clifford, I Spy, beginner readers, Little House on the Prairie, American Girl, Janette Oke's Animal Friends, Boxcar Children {a favorite in our house}, and more. Of course I got all the ones that were on "mommy's approved reading list"....all for about $20. What a deal! It was so much fun to add all of our "new" books to the shelves of our personal "library".
Now isn't that just like God? He provided what we needed {wanted} at the time we needed it. His timing is always perfect! I love to look back and remember these special things God does for us to show His love. Many, many times God does things like this for me personally and also for our family which reminds me daily of His love and care.


Take a few minutes and think about the ways God shows His love for you.

5 comments:

  1. Missionary yard sales are the greatest! We have been able to go to a missionary yard sale about once every 12 to 18 months. Usually it is a family whose kids are grown and heading off to college, and they are trying to downsize. Our library has definitely been enriched. You're right...it's so neat to see the way God provides!

    Awesome picture of Caleb! He is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! It's always so wonderful to see how He takes care of his children. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! God is so good! Books are treasures in our house too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy God provided for you in this way! We do not ever have missionaries leaving this little city of ours, but I am excited we are heading back to the states soon (for baby #4's birth) because one of the things on my list of things to do is to restock our library as well. The kids have read and re-read everything here, and I'm looking forward to getting some more "grown up" books for my oldest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another set of books you need to check into for the boys. Bronc Burnett series. Kind of a Hardy Boys with an athletic twist. He plays different sports in school and the book follows him through the season. I used to love those. I think you kind find them on Ebay, etc.

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...