Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daniel

I remember so well 11 years ago in the early hours of the morning {4:13 to be exact} of August 13, when my first baby was born. A boy - 8 pounds and 23 inches long! His name - Daniel Bryan Winkler. Such a miracle!!! The love I had for him made my heart feel like it was going to burst.
I am enjoying the journey of watching Daniel grow - baby, toddler, little boy, and now his pre-teen years. Daniel fills our lives and home with excitement, laughter, and joy.



Daniel and his lego cake.



Daniel enjoyed spending the day with some friends, our family, and Grandma Winkler. He received some really cool presents....



an army pocket knife (that has 13 accessories)



a model to build and then hang in his room

He received several other gifts that he had on his birthay wish list and even some that were not on it.

I thought I would share some of my favorite recent pictures of Daniel since this post is dedicated to him.



How cool to get to shoot a friend's BB gun.





enjoying a camp out


when you hike to your camp spot you carry everything you need on your back

roasting marshmallows at the kitchen table


I love my Daniel more than words can say. I am so thankful God has entrusted him to Ron and I to raise. My love for him grows more and more each day. When I think back to the love I felt for him when I first saw him after he was born, I wonder how that can be possible...but it is!
I LOVE YOU, DANIEL! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! Seeing the picture of Daniel with that model airplane brought back lots of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great pictures! A pocketknife, a model airplane, a gun, a campfire, camping gear...cool!

    The cake looks great, and so does the marshmallow!

    Hope you had an awesome birthday, Daniel. We love you. Hope to see you one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Daniel! Just think, Mom... in just two years, you'll be lovin' on a teenager! :)

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...