Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sarah!

Our Princess, Sarah, celebrated her 8th birthday on August 27. The past eight years have gone by quickly. I love thinking back to the day each one of my children was born.....Sarah was born in San Antonio, Texas while we were on deputation. She was a dainty, little thing at 6 pounds 5 ounces. Since she was my first girl and she followed two brothers, she was always decked out in pink :). You know what her favorite color is even today???? You are right...PINK (and purple too). I have had so much fun with a little girl in the house. Sarah is a "girlie" girl. What a great helper Sarah is to me around the house - laundry, dishes, cleaning, cooking, taking care of her daddy, and "mothering" her little brother. She sure is going to make someone a terrific wife someday....BUT not until she is 30 or so *smile*.
Anyway, back to the birthday celebration. Sarah had two very special "extra" treats on her birthday this year. The first one was having Jazmynn get to come and celebrate with her. The Lewis Family are missionaries in Tartu (2 hours away). We had never met them face to face, but had been in contact through emails for many months. I found out that their daughter was 7 years old and so I invited her to join us for Sarah's birthday. What a joy it was to meet Jazmynn and her mom, Betsie. It was such a special treat for Sarah to have another girl to share her special day with.



I found a kit to make a small purse. The girls did a great job and enjoyed it.



Sarah picked PIZZA for her birthday dinner.





the birthday girl

Sarah's next suprise was several birthday cards that her pen pals had sent. Her new little friends from across the ocean sent very sweet cards (a couple even sent little gifts inside) that made her day extra special.


*cards from pen pals and supporting churches*


Sarah is enjoying her "singing" cat birthday card.




So, my little girl is growing up and it's going by quickly. Since time does not stop, I want to make sure I enjoy every minute of every day with the precious treasure that God has given me. It is music to my ears when I hear her whisper "mommy, I love you the most". My heart is warmed as she slips her arms around my neck and sweetly kisses my cheek. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything in the world. Happy birthday, Princess! I love you ♥

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have another little girl to share her birthday with! Nice pictures. You do great parties!:o) You are right about time flying. Enjoy all the time you have now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have told everybody about Sarah reading her whole Bible, too! She really is a great example of "ladyness". ( I think I just made up a word. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day! So glad you got to have another girl come to help you celebrate the day! The pizza looks great and the cake looks really pretty. Was it difficult for your big brothers to eat cake that was decorated with cats?

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...