Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ministry News

In September we began holding weekly services in Johvi. Things are starting off very slowly, but we believe that in time a church will be established here. The Lord is blessing almost daily with opportunities to meet people personally. Building relationships with people is a key to our ministry. The greatest open door for us right now is teaching English. Johvi, Estonia is a small city of 20,000 people and yet the interest in learning English is amazing. Last year Ron taught an average of about 10 students. This year the number of students has jumped to 37! Also, last year Ron was the teacher for another organization that offered English classes. This same organization and another local business have contacted him wanting him to teach English for them. Now, you may wonder....are they there as English teachers or missionaries? Well, first and foremost, we are here as MISSIONARIES. However, sometimes we need to be creative. With the interest in learning English, the Lord has opened many doors for us to work personally with the people. We now have 37 people that Ron will be in contact with every week. God has already allowed us to see fruit from this ministry. If you remember Irina, we met her through the English class, built a relationship, and then began a weekly Bible study. The Holy Spirit worked in her heart and in August she was saved. We pray that this story would be repeated time and time again as we work to build relationships with people.

At this time we ask that you would pray for the 37 students that Ron teaches each week. Already each one has personally been invited to our service. Several people have shown an interest, but many times it takes time before they actually come.
Here are a few more specific people that we would ask you to be in prayer for...
Irina ~ the boys' piano teacher. She really enjoys teaching the boys and has commented that there is something "different" about them. Ron and I have each personally invited her. The boys invite her almost every week and are faithful to pray for her.
Lena ~ Sarah's piano teacher. Once again, Ron and I have each invited her personally.
Olga ~ a returning English student. Olga attended our Resurrection service and has been to our house on a few occasions. Most Sundays she has to work, but this Sunday {October 10} she doesn't. When we talked to her on Friday, she said she would be there this week! Olga is a very sweet lady and we just ask that you would diligently pray with us for her salvation.
Lillianna ~ a new English student. Ron was able to talk with her after class the other night. She has promised to come to church on October 17.
Andrew and Jenya ~ Ron has spent time talking to both of these men and they have been invited to church.

A special thanks to each of you who faithfully pray for our family and ministry. What a blessing you are. There are days that YOUR prayers keep us going. Thank you for doing YOUR part so that we can do our part.

Another quick note:
I realize that I do not put a lot of posts on my blog specifically about our ministry. I guess the main reason for that is because MY ministry is my family. The Lord has given me the most special ministry of all....raising four children for the Lord. Many times I am amazed at the responsibility I have been given and I'm so thankful for the Handbook that guides me on my way. I am thankful for all of you who lift me and my "ministry" up in prayer.
Of course, I love to help my hubby any time I can in the ministry. Our family enjoys serving the Lord together.
So, now you know why most of my posts are about my kids and what goes on at our house....it's MY MINISTRY!!! (and I love it)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update, we will be praying for those people and your church services in Johvi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to read your update. We will be moving into our building in a couple of months and are so excited to see what God has in store. We are also planning to start teaching English in the New Year, it's a great way to meet people and to build relationships!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed more of your posts. Enjoyed reading about the details of the ministry. Encouraged to hear how God is using all of you. I prayed specifically this morning that God would give you fruit in your ministry.

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...