Sunday, December 26, 2010

God is Good!

Sunday was an AWESOME day! What a joy to have four of our regulars in attendance and three visitors. We sang Christmas carols, read the Christms story, and had a message from God's Word. Here is the challenging question that was asked...."do you have room for Jesus in your heart and life?". When Joseph was looking for a place to stay in Bethlehem, no one had room. Do you think that someone would have made room or maybe someone would have given up their room had they known the baby that would be born that night was JESUS? Too often Christians get too busy for Jesus. Then there are those who are not Christians that think they do not need Jesus and don't want to make room for Him in their life. Oh how I want to give Jesus room to do HIS will in my life.


Sunday, December 26, 2010 (Daniel is missing since he took the picture)

After the service we had such a wonderful time of fellowship. Since we love pumpkin pie at Christmas, I thought it would be a fun, festive treat to share. Several people had heard of pumpkin pie, but no one had ever tried it. It was a big hit! In fact, a few people had more than one piece.


Valodia eating pumpkin pie for the first time!

We invited Marita and Olga to come to our house and eat Sunday dinner with us. We were so glad they were able to come...we had a wonderful time. When we got home, the kids all went outside to play in the snow. The rest of us got busy in the kitchen - peeling pototoes, washing dishes (no, I didn't have all my dishes done before walking out the door for church), setting the table, and lots of visiting =).



Since we had already had pumpkin pie at church, I decided to let them try some of our goodies from America - chocolate kisses, peppermint kisses, peppermint patties, peanut butter cups, and tootsie rolls. It was a special treat for all of us.
After awhile our conversation turned to spiritual matters. Olga is searching! I believe that with time and prayer, Olga will understand salvation and accept Christ personally. Ron prayed with her about a personal situation that she shared with us. We assured her that we will continue to pray for her and that we love her. I can not explain in words all that happened around our table Sunday afternoon, but I believe the Holy Spirit is working!

Olga


God has given me such a love for the people that we are working with. I am so thankful that God led us to Johvi, Estonia. Ron and I are so excited about what God is going to do in 2011!

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord, we will be praying for Olga! Its hard to imagine someone trying Pumpkin pie for the first time, I didn't realize it was such an American thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Isn't it wonderful to be part of the Holy Spirit drawing a heart to Him? I'll be praying for this family.

    Most of the Mexicans we know have never had pumpkin pie either. I was too late to purchase a pumpkin, because they show up in the stores in October, and disappear right after Halloween. Next year! I'm more comfortable making American food for my guests, because I know how to make it turn out right, and most of the Mexican food I make is only so-so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! Sounds like an exciting day! One thing I've found out with the Ukrainians is not to tell them what type of bread/pie it is until AFTER they've tried it and ask...if they know it is pumpkin/zuccini/etc...they just won't try it, but if they eat it first, they always love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot describe how thrilled I am to see that first picture. Your hard work, patience, and faithfulness is paying off, and I am so happy for you all!

    Glad the pumpkin pie was a hit. I don't think Cambodians would like it. On the other hand, the people in our church would knock over their own grandmother (figuratively speaking:) to get another piece of Angela's cranberry biscotti! They love every dessert she makes, but the biscotti has a magic all its own.

    Thanks for sharing this report and pictures. We'll keep praying for Olga to get saved, and all of the others too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very encouraging! It made me smile to see the first picture. I'm glad to see your patience and persistance paying off. I feel confident the Olga will get saved as well. We will be praying for her. I believe that as you are able to reach a few folks, it will become easier to reach the next ones.

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...