Friday, January 21, 2011

Beginnings....

I love starting a new year. Actually, I like starting each new season, a new month, a new week, and a new day. When January 1, 2011 arrived, I had a list of things that - with the Lord's help - I hope to improve in and accomplish. Usually, my list of goals for a new year are set so high and unrealistic that I quickly become discouraged. This year I set goals that are attainable, yet challenging.
One thing I am going to do this year that I've never done personally is have a word or theme for each month that I can focus on. For January my theme is God's Word. To have a great year and start if off right, I must have my priorities in order. It is always a joy to spend time reading and studying God's word. Even while reading familiar passages and verses, I see things that I have never seen before. Other times I am reminded of a truth and many times I am personally challenged.
Januray is almost over and it's been a great month. Of course it has not been perfect - I've already faced discouragement, frustrations, weakness, etc. That is part of life! The exciting part is that even though I face the normal, daily struggles of life, the Lord is with me through it all. He is Strong, even though I am weak. He comforts during sorrow, loneliness, and heartache. He gives joy and peace while living in a world that has no joy or peace. He loves me even when I don't deserve it.
With February right around the corner, I look forward to a new theme to work on in my daily life.

1 comment:

  1. Such a good idea and I liked your theme for the month.

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...