Friday, June 3, 2011

Awards, Prizes, and Celebration

We have finished another school year!  The kids worked hard all year long, but the last couple of weeks we put in extra hours and even a Saturday or two so that we could finish a week early.  Their diligence paid off!
Monday, May 23, I planned a few special things to celebrate the end of another school year. 

school is over....they are excited!
 Each of the kids were given certificates for their efforts in school.  We also got them a small gift to let them know we are proud of them.  Throughout the year we faced some long, frustrating days.  Over all though, we had an outstanding year.  Each of the kids excelled and I am glad that I have the privilege to be their teacher.



I was a little nervous when I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner.  Although my kids enjoy many different foods, they all have different favorites.  I wasn't sure if they would all agree on what they would choose for their special dinner.  But, they did!  When I suggested tostadas they all enthusiastically replied "YES".




Caleb enjoying his tostada

Banana splits for dessert!
 Since I am just a little bit proud of my kids, I thought I would take a minute and brag on them.

CALEB
He's not in school yet, but he joined in our celebration for the day.  Actually, he had been doing lots of papers to help him be ready to learn to read this Fall.  He knows all his letters, can write his name, knows his colors, and knows the sounds that each letter says.  He is a very brite little boy and will do great in school.


Caleb ~ 4 1/2 years old
SARAH 
She completed the 3rd grade this year!  However, this little girl just LOVES school and finished up 4th grade work.  Although she is good in Math, that is not her favorite subject....she enjoys English and Spelling.  If you were to ask her, she would probably just say she likes school - all of it. 
Sarah was given a certificate for PENMANSHIP.  She has beautful handwriting.
Sarah finished the year with a 98.72% grade point average.


ANDREW
 He finished the 5th grade this year.  Andrew likes Science and History and he is very good at Spelling.  He rarely complains about doing his school work.  Andrew received an award for RESPONSIBILITY!  He is a self-motivator.  He knows what he needs to do and he gets it done.  Andrew finished the year with a  94.72% grade point average.


DANIEL
He graduated from the 6th grade and will be starting Jr.High in the Fall.....wow!!!  Daniel loves to learn, but school is not his favorite place to do it.  He likes "hands-on" learning.  Give him some tools and something....anything to take apart or put together and he can do it.  He has an imagination that never stops.  Sitting in school is...well....boring to him.  So, needless to say, the school year can seem pretty long for him....and me :).  Anyway, Daniel worked really hard this year.  He studied hard and his grades improved.  He received an award for IMPROVEMENT.  Daniel finished the year with a 94.33% grade point average.



10 comments:

  1. Wow! Way to go Winkler kids! Glad to hear of all you are getting done. It feels great to get done early, I'll bet. Love the pictures. By the way, I agree . . . you can't beat tostadas. Hope you have a wonderful summer!
    Love,
    Uncle Tim, Aunt April, & Timothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Rachel. You only need one more thing in your picture at the very top of the blog to make it perfect. You need a guitar in your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such an awesome Mom! I loved the pictures and the comments about each child. How blessed you all are to have each other!

    We are still doing school and the end is still a month or so away. I may use these ideas to reward my own hardworking kids at the finish line! We started very late so they are working hard to be finished by July so we can (hopefully!) get next years books in time to start school at a more "normal" date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Rachel, you are so good with your pictures and all! You are a great teacher and encourager! Enjoy your summer free time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea about certificates and gifts at the end of the school year! I'll have to remember that. What curriculum do you use? Didn't know you play the guitar! I do too, but I am very rusty because I haven't really practiced much since before deputation. We weren't able to bring it to the field this time. Had too much other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and those tostadas looked homemade! Do you have a recipe? I would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job kids! Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas! The kids did excellent! I think I wouldn't mind going through school again if you made that delicious, looking meal for me. You definitely need to post the tostadas recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Mom! I'm sure every kid in the world would love to be a part of your end-of-the-year celebration! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you guys had a great school year! Loved all the pictures.

    And the tostada pictures made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...