Saturday, July 16, 2011

Craft Time!

I LOVE to do crafty things and be creative!
However, I just don't always have the time (or resources) to get as involved as I would like.
I bought a shelf for Sarah's room at Michael's at the beginning of 2009.  It sat...and sat...and sat.  Finally I hung it up  -  even though it wasn't painted. 
Before we moved in to our new apartment, everything was freshly painted {with the colors of our choice).  I was so excited that there was left over paint from Sarah's room.  I set aside some time to finally give the shelf the TLC that it needed. 

before
 *A special thanks to my niece {Elizabeth Farrell} for giving me a great idea.  I was talking with my sister on Skpe about how I was going to paint the shelf.  Elizabeth suggested making the hooks the middle of the flowers.  I loved the idea!  Thanks, Elizabeth.
  I am very pleased with how it turned out and Sarah loves it.
(now we just have to hang it up {again}☺)
after
 Last week Sarah and I were invited to a birthday party.  All three girls in the family (mom, 15 year old, and 13 year old) have birthdays withing 5 days of each other.  I started thinking about what to get them for gifts, but I couldn't think of anything.  I don't know about you, but I really dislike spending money on a gift when I have no idea what to get.  Gifts are so fun when they are personal and thought has been put into it.  So, I put my "creative" thinking cap on so I could take some personalized gifts to the party.


personalized wall decorations

I bought a canvas board and then looked through my box of material, ribbon, and craft supplies.  Thankfully I had just found out some color schemes and themes that each of them liked.  I thought....and planned...and thought some more.  Then I got out my hot glue gun and went to work.  I think the recipients liked them and I know I enjoyed making them. 

7 comments:

  1. So Cute! You are so creative. I wish you lived close enough to come to my birthday party1 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wall decorations turned out very nice! Great job!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas. I especially love that shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Rachel.... you're amazing! Great job on your crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We so loved them! Thanks. Corissa's looks great under her bunk bed and mine matches the room great. Candice is going to hang hers on the rail of her bunk bed.
    Thanks so much for your time and creativity. You made us feel special!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just been catching up on your blog :) love the crafts, and Happy Birthday to Ron, but my favorite had to be Caleb singing :) Thats not an easy song to learn he did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...