Saturday, July 30, 2011

A tub full of....


The last several weeks we have been without a kitchen.  Ours was ordered before we moved, but was not scheduled to be done for several more weeks.  One morning as I was washing my dishes in the tub, I was complaining in my mind.  You know, stuff like...my back hurts, I hate doing dishes and it's so much worse when I have to lean over the tub, I wish I didn't have to do these dishes, etc.  The Holy Spirit quickly convicted my heart of my attitude.  As I finished washing the dirty dishes, I began to thank the Lord that I had a family that needed me to wash their dishes.  Once my attitude was adjusted, I actually enjoyed finishing up my tub of dishes.  The joy of being a mother returned even amidst the task of dishes.  Now, do I get tired of the piles of dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, etc?  Yes, sometimes I wish I could snap my fingers and have a perfectly clean house.  But since that isn't realistic, I'll joyfully care for my family that God blessed me with.  I'll take the clutter, messes, dishes, and laundry.  Why?  Because my family is worth it.  I love my family! 

3 comments:

  1. AHHH! I remember those "tub full of dishes days"...well, this post made me remember them and makes me thankful for my sink full of dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this and your perspective is amazing! So enjoyed reading it and will probably use it one day as an illustration in a devotion. I'm gonna copy it and put it in my file, if you don't mind? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to tell you I loved your post. Its come to mind as I have gone about my week...so many times its easy to get caught up in how hard things are and forgot about all the blessings around it :)

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...