Saturday, September 3, 2011

Oh...so...YUMMY!

Easy A La King Biscuit Casserole

Every time I make this my family raves about how delicious it is.
Here is the recipe:
(I always double it and have even trippled it)
2 1/2 cups cubed chicken meat
1 1/2 cups green peas
1 1/2 cups canned mushrooms, drained (I leave these out)
1 cup cooked, diced carrots
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper

mix all this together in a big pan

SAUCE
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/8 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
*melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat: stir in flour, then pour in broth and let thicken, stirring.
Pour into the pan with other ingredients.


adding the sauce
 Put in preheated oven (350 F/175 C) for about 20 minutes


Now, the recipe calls for 1 (16 ounce) can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits.
Since I can not get those here, I make my own yummy, delicious biscuits.
Here is my quick, easy, tasty recipe:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup milk
mix flour, baking powder, and salt
cut in shortening
add milk and mix
turn dough onto lightly floured surface and toss with flour until no longer sticky
roll dough into a 1/2 inch thick sheet
cut out biscuits

making the biscuits
 Take your pan out of the oven and put the biscuits on top.


Cook another 10-15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.


ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. I make something simialr to this. This is a dish even the native people like, so it's a go-to company meal. It's also one of my husband's favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that April makes like this I affectionately call "goulash". :) This looks like a great cold weather treat.

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...