Tuesday, September 6, 2011

School Days!

Isn't the start of a new school year exciting? 
New pencils, books, teachers, a new grade, etc. 

I must say that I am very happy with my group of students this year.  It's like we are one big happy family.  Oh, wait....we ARE a happy family.  Really though, school is going great.  We actually started school back in July.  Since we will be leaving for the states in March of next year, we wanted to have our school year done {or at least almost done} before we start our furlough.  It is so much easier and more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about school while traveling.

I am so proud of my kids and the wonderful job they do in school.  There are times however, that I really wish I had taken more teaching classes in college since they would be a little more helpful right now than my secretarial skills.  Monday was one of those L....O....N...G days.  I was so glad for it to be over.  Have you ever had a day like that?  God is always faithful to help me on those days.  I also have a very loving, supportive, encouraging husband that is always cheering me on in my schooling efforts.  What a blessing he is to me. 

Teaching is also a very rewarding job {as all home school moms and teachers know}.  As my kids excell in different subjects, I know that I had a part in that.  Even as they read book after book, my heart thrills that I had the priviledge of teaching them that important skill.  I've also enjoyed remembering and re-learning as the kids go along.  We sure have lots of great "school day" memories.





Caleb didn't start school when the other kids did.  He started on August 29th.  Even though he has only been in school for 7 days, he has learned so much.  We both were so happy as he read his first words ALL BY HIMSELF!  Today he was able to sound out and read 5 more words.  It's hard to know which of us is more excited about his accomplishments. 


Happy School Year!!!

3 comments:

  1. Homeschooling is so much fun! I agree with you; it is so rewarding when you see the accomplishments they've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you arranged the pictures...Very schooly. :) I'm also very curious what you have done to prepare your son for reading. Any tips? Anything in particular that you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking group of students! They look awfully smart too - Maybe that's because they have such a good teacher. Glad you are having such a good school year. Lots of love and prayer. Grandma Benefield

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...