Tuesday, October 25, 2011

If she can....I can

I recently read the book of Esther in my devotions and this past week God used it to give me courage as I prepared my devotional for the Ladies Tea. 

Do you think Esther was afraid to go before the King even though she had not been called, knowing she could be put to death?  I think that she was.  This is why....she asked Mordicai and all the Jews that were present in Shushan to fast and pray three days and three nights for her.  She also said she and her maidens would fast and pray.  She knew the seriousness of the situation.  She knew the power of prayer.  She was willing to do what needed to be done.  Esther 4:16 says, "...so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish."  She was willing to lay aside her fears and trust in God.

Every time I thought of giving my first devotional in Russian, my stomach would start doing flips.  I knew that Satan was trying to defeat me before Saturday ever came.  So, I prayed for God to calm my heart and my fears.  Then I began claiming promises in God's Word and meditating on those.  It was at that time that God brought the story of Esther to my mind.  These are the things that God reminded me of:

I was not going before a King that might kill me
I would be in front of friendly ladies.

Esther recruited lots of prayer partners.
I too had people {in America and other countries} praying for me

Esther committed to pray.
I committed to spend extra time in prayer each day.

Esther's maidens were praying for her.
My family was praying for me.
{it did my heart good to know every person in my family - even 5 year old Caleb - was praying for me}

 God had an important job for Esther to accomplish.
The job God gave me  is important.

God asked Esther to do her part to make a difference.
God wants me to do my part to make a difference.

Esther did not let fear control her.
I did not want fear to control me.

God used Esther to save the lives of her people.
I want God to use me!

Although I was still nervous as I stepped out in faith to accomplish what God had laid on my heart, God filled my heart with peace and asurrance that He would be with me every step of the way.  

2 comments:

  1. Definitely some great thoughts. It's always a blessing when God speaks specifically to us for specific situations. Glad He blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that! I love the ladies here, my sisters, so much, one reason being; their patience for me as I abuse their language. I gave my first ladies' meeting in Spanish last year and know exactly what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...