Monday, December 19, 2011

Name them one by one

Novermber was a very special month as we did several extra things that focused on thankfulness.
Our biggest activity was our Thankful Tree which you can read about here.


At the end of the month we took a while during our morning family devotions to read all the things that had written down that we were thankful for.  It sure is fun to count your blessings....one by one.

Last year I had made up a little song book with Thanksgiving hymns.  We got those out again this year and sang "Count Your Blessings", "We Gather Together", "Great Is Thy Faithfulness", and "Thanks To God".  These songs helped focus our hearts on the many blessings God has given us.


We also read Sarah's New World  as a family. 


Then on the 24th we drove to Latvia for Thanksgiving.  It ended up being a longer trip than we expected, but we finally made it.  There was a group of 20+ Americans that celebrated Thanksgiving together.  Some were in Latvia to finalize an adoption, two families were missionaries in Latvia, another family drove in from Lithuania, and of course our family.  It was a full house.  I sure wish I would have taken some pictures, but I actually wasn't feeling real well on that trip and it just didn't happen. 

It was also a special treat to visit with fellow missionary friends, Adam and Betsie Lewis and their three kids.  They live in Elva, Estonia - about 2 1/2 hours from us.  They invited us to stop by for lunch.  Our family always enjoys our time with their family.  As we were preparing to get back in the car to finish our trip, Sarah was asked to stay with her friend, Jazmynn, while we were in Latvia.  My heart was torn....I wanted her to stay with her friend, but I didn't want to leave her.  Ron and I finally decided that some time with another little girl would be good for her and we let her stay.  We were back to pick her up two days later.  I sure had missed her and was so excited to see her.  When we arrived, both Ron and I were almost knocked down as Sarah ran to us and threw her arms around each of us.  She had sure missed us too....and I'm glad =)

God has blessed me more than I deserve and I want to make sure I am thankful - not just on Thanksgiving Day or just in November, but every day all year long. 

2 comments:

  1. That book looks good, so I added it to my Amazon wish list. Thanks for another great recommendation!

    Merry Christmas, my friend! I am thankful for YOU.

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...