Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Mixed Emotions

In just under a month, we will be heading back to the states for a furlough.
Furlough stir up many mixed feelings.

 
It can be hard to leave your home, your bed, and the schedule and order your family is used to having.  We will also miss the long summer days that are so welcome after a long, dark winter.  Most of all we will miss the people that we minister to, serve, and love.  We are leaving behind some baby Christians, others who attend services regularly but have not personally accepted Christ, and a whole city of people who need to hear that Jesus loves them.  Please continue to pray for our dear people and also the preparations we are making for furlough.

While part of me finds it difficult to leave, another part of me is so excited I can hardly stand it.  Of course, it's not just me that's excited....our whole family is looking forward to our visit to America.  We fan each other's flames when we get talking about the special things that await us....most importantly is family.  I just know all those hugs waiting for us are going to feel so good.  Some of the other things I'm looking forward to is shopping (Walmart, Target, and other places), Thrifty ice cream, Root Beer, and sunshine.  Most of all, I am looking forward to church!  Singing the wonderful hymns, hearing a choir, special music, and great preaching.  I''m so excited to be in our home church and to be re-freshened spiritually.

Here are some things that the kids are especially excited about (besides seeing family):

Daniel
attending Teen Camp with home church
going soul winning with Grandpa (a.k.a. Pastor Benefield)
not having to order off the kids' menu when he goes out to eat

Andrew
going to church and hearing preaching
attending a Sunday School class
seeing his cousin, Austin


Sarah
getting to play with other girls
seeing some of her pen pals
hoping to meet some of her pen pals

Caleb
playing with his cousin, Josh

I guess it's a little hard to explain the mixed emotions that are in my heart right now.  Isn't it comforting to know that God understands?  

5 comments:

  1. I understand but as i told the 4,5,6,grade boys and girls. I am excited for Paster and Mrs. Benefield to have a time with the whole family t6ogether. And to remember when you were here last Daniel was in My Sunday School classnow he out but glad to see what you looking forward to and what you will miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see you :) I had to smile at Daniels list...Nathans would be exactly the same! This is his first youth conference too and he is really excited!
    Praying for you! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Rachel,

    Not long ago, as I was going over this year's church calendar I noticed that your family would be reporting in in April. It will be great to see you and your family again!! Though I can't say I understand specifically (having never been in your position before) I can certainly sympathize with your mixed emotions. It IS so good the Lord understands everything in our lives.
    Love in Christ,
    Melanie Rhinehart (Shasta Baptist, Redding, CA)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel, Rachel. Been there many times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have a GREAT time! And when it is time to come back, you'll be ready... and have those mixed emotions all over again. :-)

    I hope you are able to keep blogging so that we can follow your travels!

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...