Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Rules

I thought everyone would like to see the first postcard we received from our school project.  We were excited and look forward to getting many more as our plane continues on its journey. 
  

After a very long flight, we got word that our plane finally reached the next destination of Ghana, West Africa.  From there it will be traveling to Nairobi, Kenya, Africa. 


While we were in the states, my hubby ordered this list of rules from Hearts for Home.  These rules are hanging in our home and have been a great help to our family. 
 
*we obey the Lord Jesus Christ
*The law of kindness rules here:  If is is unkind, it is not allowed.
*We love, honor, and pray for one another.
*We tell the truth every time and hate every deception.
*We put others first.
*We speak quietly and respectfully to one another.
*When someone needs correction, we correct them in love.
*When someone is sorry, we forgive them.
When someone is sad, we comfort them.
When someone is happy, we celebrate with them.
When someone is blessed, we rejoice with them rather than covet their blessings for ourselves.
*When we have something nice to share, we share it.
*When we have work to do, we do it without complaining.
*We do not create unnecessary work for others.
When we open something, we close it.
When we turn something on, we turn it off.
When we take something out, we put it away.
When we make a mess, we clean it up.
*When we do not know what to to, we ask.
*When we are wrong, we admit it and ask forgiveness.
*We faithfully attend God's house every time the doors are open.
*We feed our souls on God's Word each morning before we feed our bodies.
*We live with honor:
We honor our Lord, our family name, our authorities, and one another.
*We place our family ahead of our friends and defend each other with strength and wisdom.
*We sanctify (set apart) all our possessions only to uses that please the Lord.
*When we go out, we act the same - just as if we were in this house.
*When we disobey or forget any of the Rules of This House,
we submissively accept the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
 
 
Wow!  That is quite a list to keep, isn't it?  Some of these things are not difficult to keep while others are a daily challenge.  Having them listed out and hanging in our home has been a blessing as we attempt to live by each one. 
 
Another saying that I read recently that has been a big challenge to me is:
Jealousy is counting someone else's blessings rather than your own.
Ouch!  Very convicting (at least it is to me), challenging, and a great reminder.
 
I want my life, my actions, and my testimony to please the Lord.  How about you?
 
 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'd love to put this list up in my house as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very difficult list to keep, but great guidelines to live by.

      Delete
  2. Very challeging! I'll be waiting for the plane to land in my P.O. box! I like the way you have done your blog. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Jessi - very challenging.

      Let me know when you get the plane....it's on its way.

      I really like the new look too. Although I did a lot of it, I met a new friend that helped set it all up. So, I am very thankful for her imput and help.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I definitely need to copy that for myself :) I like your updated blog :) Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These rules have been challenging, yet helpful to our family.

      Glad you like the "new look". A new friend gave some tips and then helped with the "techy" stuff. That was a blessing :)!

      Sure miss you and always enjoy hearing from you.

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...