Friday, April 5, 2013

A special day with special people

Monday, April 1, I celebrated my birthday.  My kids were determined to make my day special.  They had been asking what meals I wanted, what kind of cake, and writing down my birthday suggestions. 
 
My kids' goal for my birthday was to do whatever they could to make my day special because they love me. The thought and planning that went into Monday's activities meant more to me than the actual day.  Four precious kids that call me "Mom" .  These same kids see the real me and know I am far from perfect, yet.....they love me with all their hearts.  You just can't get better than that!
 
So...back to my birthday celebration:
 
Breakfast:  French toast
with strawberries and powdered sugar.....yummy!
(made by Ron and Daniel)
 

After breakfast the kids sent me to my room while they decorated around the house. 
 
Each of the kids gave me some of my favorite snacks:
spicy peanuts, salted peanuts, candied almonds, sweet mint gum,
peach tea, carrot juice, and pop corn
 

With just a little bit of supervision from me, the kids made me a delicious dinner of taco rice.  Then Sarah and Daniel made a scrumptious apple crisp that we ate while it was still hot with vanilla ice cream.  We all liked it so much that we are going to have to have it again real soon.


Later in the evening I got a few phone calls from some special people which was an extra treat!

Guess what?  I still think birthdays are fun - especially when they are spent with my favorite people!

Just for fun,
I thought I'd add a photo of the weather conditions on April 1, 2013
snow flurries and 27 degrees
 
 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Happy (Belated) Birthday! It looks like a wonderful day! What sweet, thoughtful children.

    You have a LOT more snow than we do! Everyone is talking about the unusual winter/spring weather. Usually at this time we still have a few feet, and now the ground is almost bare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole. My birthday was simple, yet wonderful!

      We have had a very unusual winter too. We have had very little cold weather - just cold enough to snow and for the snow not to melt.

      Looking forward to warmth, green grass, bike rides, and other fun things that accompany SUMMER!

      Delete
  2. Wow looks like you had a chilly birthday! Its so much fun when the kids are big enough to cook and decorate for you ;) glad you had a special birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a little colder than what I would have liked. Sunshine would have been nice :)

      Delete
  3. Awww! How sweet! Happy Birthday! Everything looks delicious! I LOVE tacos almost any way, never heard of it on rice. Might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Jessica!
      A fellow missionary served us taco rice one day - we loved it! Now we have that more than tacos because it is more filling. Our family really likes rice, so it works out great. Just do all the sides that you do with tacos and pile it on top of rice. Sure makes the meat and other sides stretch much farther. That is a very good thing when you have kids that eat the way mine do :)
      We like chips with ours too!

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...