Thursday, April 4, 2013

Resurrection Sunday - 2013

Reading about Jesus' resurrection just never gets old.  It is thrilling to know that Jesus defeated sin and death.  I serve a risen Savior!!!
 
Celebrating the resurrection is exciting and I planned a couple of extra special things for the kids.  After everyone was tucked in bed Saturday night, I hid plastic eggs in the house.  I left a "you've been egged" note for each of the kids in their room.  They also had a bag of jelly beans along with "An Easter Promise" card. 
 


The kids were excited Sunday morning.  Even though our weather was cold and gloomy with some snow, nothing could dampen our spirits as we prepared for church .




 
 
A blogging friend of mine from Be Thou Exalted made an empty tomb cake.  Since I loved her idea, I made one too.  Not only did my kids like it, but the people at church enjoyed it.  An empty tomb cake makes much better conversation than bunnies and eggs :).




It was a great joy to have a first time visitor Sunday.  We also had a couple ladies come that has not been in awhile.  Please continue to pray as we tell of Jesus and His love.

 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, especially the one of you and Sarah! Your cake looks awesome! Praying for you all and your growing church!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole. I appreciate your sweet comments and your prayers. Your ministry is also in our prayers.

      Delete
  2. I love to hear how your work is going there in Estonia. And your family pictures are amazing! I want to make a resurrection cake sometime or maybe the rolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the rolls next year. My kids loved the empty tomb cake - I'm sure yours would too. Well, at least Seth would :)
      Thanks for your encouraging words. You are a blessing!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! And I LOVE your cake!!! It was exciting to read how God blessed your Resurrection Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those family photos are beautiful! The cake looks great! I love the idea of "you've been egged". Never seen that before. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...