Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Coming soon to Estonia....

Two very special guests....
 
MY PARENTS!!!



Needless to say, there is a lot of excitement in our house right now.  I know our time will go by quickly and I want to treasure every minute of it. 

 
The last time my parents visited us on the field was in November of 2004 when we were in Krasnoyarsk, Russia.
 
 
I made this countdown for Caleb, but we are all excited as a star gets added each day - that is one day closer to their arrival.  It just doesn't seem real to me yet that my parents will be HERE....in Estonia....in our city of Johvi.....at my house.  I'm tickled pink!!!!
 



Even though we will be picking up my parents from the airport THIS FRIDAY NIGHT, they will be leaving again the next morning to fly to Germany.  They will be visiting a church and missionaries there on Sunday.  Then on Sunday night they will be leaving with a group, lead by Dr. Tom Lancaster, to visit the beaches of Normandy.  Then next Saturday, July 20, they will return to Estonia to spend a couple of weeks with us.  Daniel and Andrew will be joining my parents on the trip to Germany and Normandy.  Please pray for all the traveling by my parents and also the boys.

While my parents are visiting Estonia, my dad will be preaching in Tallinn at Missionary Mike Smith's church.  Then, of course, he will also be speaking at our services.  We are asking God to do something amazing on this missions trip.  Would you join us in prayer as we ask God to use us to make a difference for eternity?

**our most recent prayer letter mentions my parents' visit and you can read the letter on our website under "updates"

** I noticed that my hubby hasn't added our newest letter (April-June) yet, but we'll get to that tomorrow - so make sure you check back

 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Oooooo! I am so So SOOO excited for you!!! And I love the countdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! We will enjoy each and every minute.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can't imagine how excited everyone is, hope everything goes according to plan and many are saved because od this trip, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is lots of excitement. The time will go by so fast, but we'll make sure we enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. That is great! It is always exciting to have visitors, especially parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get many visitors, so this is really exciting - especially since it's my parents.

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for you and excited for the boys : ) Hope the countdown goes FAST!!!! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We look forward to sharing a report and pictures.
      Love you too!!!!

      Delete
  5. Aw, yay!!! I am just thrilled for you and for them, Rachel! It sounds like it is going to be an action-packed month for them, full of special days and special people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Action-packed for sure! Looking forward to a great time while they're here and then will keep those special memories close to my heart.

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...