Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hello and Goodbye

Friday, July 12, was an exciting day!  Since my parents would be arriving at the Tallinn airport late Friday night, we decided to drive in earlier in the day and visit with our missionary friends.  We had a very pleasant day, but at 11:00 p.m. we were thrilled to be getting in the van to pick up my parents.  Even as we waited and watched for them, it just didn't seem real - more like a dream.
  

But it wasn't a dream.
After a short wait, it was very much a reality.
The doors opened, and out they walked.
Welcome to Estonia!!!

they are here!
It was late, everyone was tired.....but everyone was also happy.  






The difficult part was that even though my parents had just arrived, we had to take them back to the airport the next morning, less than 10 hours after their arrival.  You see, part of their trip to Europe includes visiting Germany and The Beaches of Normandy in France.  Daniel and Andrew had the wonderful opportunity of accompanying my parents to Germany and France.  Although I am thrilled for all of them, it was not fun to say good-bye so quickly after saying hello.
Please pray for my dad, mom, Daniel, and Andrew as they are traveling the rest of this week.  They will be back Saturday morning, July 20, to spend a couple of weeks with us.  I can hardly wait! 
   
 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad that they made it safely. I hope you have a great time with them when they return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! God kept them safe and we had a fabulous visit!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing opportunity for your boys!!! I'm sure it was hard to say good-bye, but I ca imagine you're excited for their return and to hear all about their trip! I LOVE the last picture of Sarah. She reminds me so much of Anna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys had a great time on their trip. They will be writing a guest post soon about this amazing opportunity.

      (We need to get our girls writing again.)

      Delete
  3. Glad they made it safely! Good pictures. I am jealous of Daniel and Andrew getting to make that trip. By the way, I got this article in my email.

    Timothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys both had an amazing time. I'm thankful they had this opportunity.

      Delete
  4. Glad they get to visit you! How exciting for the boys! Pray they have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for praying, Dee Dee! Our visit was wonderful. The boys also had an amazing time on their trip.

      Delete
  5. Happy your parents get to spend time there. Hope the kids got Timothy's letters and Tabitha's picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so thankful for the time we had with mom and dad. The kids all got their letters - they each wrote him back too. Timothy and Tabitha's picture is on the frig. Thanks!

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...