Monday, July 8, 2013

Independence Day 2013

We celebrated America's birthday in Tallinn with other missionary families and had a wonderful time.  God gave us beautiful weather!  
 All the ladies helped provide a delicious meal with lots of fabulous desserts.  All the kids - from the youngest to the oldest - enjoyed running around outside, giving rides in the wagon, and swimming.  The adults enjoyed visiting and playing games.  
As we enjoyed our freedoms as Americans, I am deeply grateful for the men and women who have sacrificed throughout the years and those who still do so that we can fly the flag, enjoy a barbeque, and worship the Lord.  My heart is stirred every time I hear our national antheme.  Tears fill my eyes and I get chills as I carefully considered the words.  We have an awesome heritage as Americans!  May America once again turn to God.
 

This video is from June 2011 when Caleb was 4 years old,
but I just love it and thought you might enjoy it too.
 
video

Our family has enjoyed listening to patriotic music on Abiding Radio

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a really fun day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun, relaxing day. I was wanting to organize a few games and activities for the kids, but it just didn't happen.
      I think the only thing we were missing was homemade ice cream and fireworks. We have to enjoy our fireworks in the winter when it gets dark enough to enjoy them.

      Delete
  2. Praying for you and your family. Glad you had good weather and it looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great, relaxing day for sure. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete
  3. Love the video of Caleb. He did such a great job. Glad the kids have friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful I have Caleb singing on video. A treasure for sure!
      It's nice the kids have friends to see once in a while when all the missionaries get together. Wish we could do it more often.

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...