Friday, August 2, 2013

Feeling Emotional

 It is midnight Thursday night,
The house is quiet.
The only sound is the dishwasher quietly humming as it washes my dishes.
My parents' bags are all packed.
At 5:00a.m. tomorrow they begin their journey that will take them home.
I've been a little "teary-eyed" and emotional today.
I will miss them!


grandpa and grandma with 4 of their 18 (soon to be 19) grandchildren)

God blessed me with absolutely wonderful, godly parents

grandpa's princess

these boys LOVE their grandma

this shot captures my kids' true personalities

Add caption
Toila, Estoia 2013

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! I really enjoyed these. Everybody looks great!

    Heaven's going be awesome...no more goodbyes. But until then, hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased with how the pictures turned out. Just wanted to make sure I had some special pictures of all of us together to remember their visit. Plus, I want to be able to compare the kids' sizes next time we get to see mom and dad.

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful pictures of your family. Glad you had such a good time with your parents. I am missing mine too. Bro. Benefield is right. Heaven will be great with no more goodbyes, but for now it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's will is the best place to be - even if it means being separated from loved ones. We are thankful for the wonderful visit.

      Delete
  3. Roughest thing about being a missionary. I refuse to say "good-bye" in words. It's too hard. I'll be praying for you today, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Separation from family is a difficult part of life, but God gives grace. Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...