Monday, August 5, 2013

Pictures, pictures, pictures

My parent's visit to Estonia was awesome!!!  We were pleased with how much we were able to squeeze into the short time they were here.  
As you can easily see, I love pictures.  The kids and I love to look at pictures and re-live the event.  It is always fun to talk about what we saw, what we did, or something we learned.  
Estonia, like any other country, has a lot of interesting history.  Much of Estonia's history is heartbreaking as you learn of the terrible things the people endured.  Now they are free!  Free from the Germans, the Soviet Union, and other countries that tried to destroy them.  Yet they still need to hear about the freedom they can have in Christ. 
We enjoyed visiting the Castle in Narva, the Rakvere Castle, a day in Old Town Tallinn, dinner by the Gulf of Finland, playing the Wii, walks in the beautiful weather, and more.  Ministering to the people was another important part of my parent's trip.  My dad was able to preach four times.  My mom played the keyboard for our services which added a special touch since we usually sing  acapella.  It was a special treat to have my parents teach the kids during our family Sunday School time.  What a blessing it was to have my parents here. 

So before I close, I thought it would be fun to get your opinion.  Each time I introduced my parents to people here, I quickly got a response about who I look like.  I'll tell you right now, I heard the same thing over and over with almost everyone agreeing about which parent I favor.  What do you think?  Do I look like my dad or my mom? 

 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Almost everyone here said I look just like mom. In fact, mom was told that she was "Rachel II", but mom said I should be "Kathy II". Everyone insisted mom looked more like she was my sister rather than my mom :)

      Delete
  2. Love your pictures! Your kids will have a view of history that puts the world into context. I remember when our daughter was dating her husband, and she was showing him some family albums. He said, "My family went to the lake on vacation, and your family goes to castles." True, but what is cooler than a castle?

    You look something like both your parents, but most like your dad. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, my kids love history and they sure are learning a lot of it. Not sure there is much cooler than visiting different castles. My kids think it is awesome! When we first moved to Estonia, we rented a house for several months with one of the castles pictures above practically in our backyard.

      When I was younger, most people said I look like my dad. Now I get very few comments of looking like him and most people think I look like my mom. I guess a lot of it may be the fact that I act so much like her. :)

      Delete
  3. I would say you look more like your mom, especially in the chin and cheeks and possible in the eyes, but it is hard to tell because of your mom's glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what most people think - I look AND ACT just like my mom!

      Delete
  4. I think you look like your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Jessi, I'm glad several people are saying that. Most everyone here immediately said I look just like my mom. I love them both so much! I'm glad people see both of them in me :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. My mom definitely won a majority of the votes during their visit!

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...