Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Birthday Boy

In August Daniel turned 14!
Daniel loves birthday time and getting older.  In fact, most of the time he thinks he's going on 18....or even 21.  He is excited about life - shaving :) , getting a job, college, etc.  Even girls are not as "yucky" as they once were!!!  Then we have the whole food issue.  I honestly don't know where he puts it all.  One thing is for sure, he thinks I should never have left overs.  Keeping him in clothes that fit is another challenge since he is now 5' 10" and growing taller every day (or so it seems).


I'll let you in on a little secret though.....
I love having a 14 year old son that thinks he needs to shave each morning, wants to have a job to earn money, smiles when I tease him about girls, eats like food is the best thing ever created, and is 5" taller than me.


August 2012 - Daniel turned 13!

Last year we were in the states on furlough for Daniel's birthday.  We celebrated his birthday a little early with chocolate cake (his favorite).


His grandpa and grandma, along with an adopted set of grandparents celebrated with us.


Since we were traveling all day on his birthday, we decided his birthday would be fun, even though we would be in the car.  So every hour we sang ♪Happy Birthday♪ to him as loud (and off key) as we could and then gave him a little present to open.  After a few times he figured it out and began to anticipate each hour. 

Happy 13th & 14th birthday, Son!!!

4 comments:

  1. I was reading this and admiring you as a mother and realizing how grown up this boy really is...I was thinking "how sweet" & "what a neat post" and then I got to the part where you mentioned you sang OFF KEY and I busted up laughing!!!!! LOVE IT and SO wish I could have joined in on the hourly b-day songs : ) hahahahaha

    *still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments. Glad you enjoyed a laugh too :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, happy birthday Daniel!!! 14 is big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tori! It seems like each birthday is "big". Not just for my son, but for me. As he gets older each year, we face a new stage of life that we have never been through. Parenting is such a big job - but also the best one in the world.

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...