Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tour our home ~ entry and living room

Let the tour begin!
Tour our home ~ Kitchen

Let's continue the tour....

Upon entering the front door of our apartment, this is what you'll see.  Well, it usually looks a little more lived in :)  On the right is a closet for our coats, hats, scarfs, games, and other misc. things.  The desk has a computer for the kids to play games and write emails to family and Pen Pals.  It's also one of the biggest clutter spots in the house.  Mail, advertisement papers, homework, books, and lots of other things collect quickly and pile up on the desk.

The entrance to the living room used to have double doors, but we removed them to help keep the entry more open and roomy.
 

The next picture is a view from the kitchen facing the front door.


One of my summer projects was doing this part of our entry way.  I just love how it turned out.  I've had the frames for about 5 years (purchased at Khol's at 50% off), but I painted them black to match the Family sign.  Then I added a baby picture of each of my children - something I've always wanted to do, but had never done...until now. 
For our anniversary this year, we bought the piece of furniture (not sure what it's called specifically) that looks beautiful with the picture grouping.  I was so excited when I found it and then even more excited when I saw that it was on sale.
{The highlighted picture frames have since had pictures put in them and I also have a saying on the wall (Love makes a house a home - that I bought last furlough at the $1 store) that is under our family picture.  The camera case is not normally there either :-) }


the living room


Our living room is cozy!  It's also a busy room in our little apartment.  During the week you will many times find kids doing homework and sometimes they are on the rug playing games.  Many times, at least one person is curled up in a chair reading a book.  On the weekends the floor might be covered with Legos or Army men.  Playing the Wii is also a favorite weekend activity that takes place in our living room.  During football season you will even find us watching a few games and cheering on our favorite teams as we have time.  This room definitely sees lots of activity, but what warms my heart the most is when our family gathers each evening for family devotions. There is just no place like home....wouldn't you agree?  
    

What I love most about my home is who I share it with!

 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

12 comments:

  1. You have created a beautiful home for your family. Thank you for your willingness to serve our Lord where He has placed you. You are a great example and encouragement to others. May God continue to bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by for a visit!
      The Lord is good to us and we count it a privilege to serve Him.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful home. I love the way you have decorated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessi. I always enjoy hearing from you.

      Delete
  3. Tasteful and pretty! I really enjoyed the tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so honored that you stopped by.
      I am blessed!

      Delete
  4. Your home is beautiful Rachel. You've done a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deena! I'm glad you stopped by. Maybe someday you could come visit me IN PERSON??? Wouldn't that be a blast? All you need is a ticket here - we'll take care of you once you arrive! Maybe a birthday present or something???? Think about it!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...