Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tour our home ~ Kitchen

Come on in to our little, but cozy apartment and visit the most popular spot - the kitchen.

This first picture is taken while standing in the door way.  When we moved in, there was a door to close off the kitchen, but it just seemed to always be in the way.  So we took it off to make it feel a little bigger.


I love a clean, clutter free kitchen.  To keep things real though, my kitchen does not always look like this.  Many times there are dishes in the sink waiting to be washed, food cooking on the stove, and crumbs on my floor. 




But the smell of coffee in the morning, dinner in the oven, or fresh cookies on the counter grabs every ones attention - making this a busy place. 

Our family drinks lots of hot tea, coffee, and even some hot chocolate on special occasions.  I just love my red tea pot that was given to me by a member of a supporting church along with some special loose-leaf teas.




The side of our refrigerator displays our magnet collection.  We enjoy reminiscing about the places/states/countries we've been able to visit over the years.


Our table is used daily, but not just at meal time.  Some times you can find someone doing homework, and other times it is used to play games. Yet other times it's used as a sewing table.   
 

Lots of memories have been made in this kitchen over the past few years.  I guess that you could say the kitchen is the heart of our home.

Visit the Baptist Missionary Women blog to view more homes of missionaries around the world.

 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Love the kitchen colors!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The touch of red adds a nice pop of color to the brown and white.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love your red accents and deep windowsills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the pop of color the red accents provide.
      The deep windowsills - I have mixed feelings about those :/ I'm not really sure what to do with them. The main problem is that they become a clutter magnet :(
      Any ideas or inspiration?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up! I love your kitchen! It's so good to see how God has blessed you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to have you stop by, Jen.
      God is good. I am blessed.

      Delete
  4. Your kitchen is so cheery. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheery is the right word!
      Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

      Delete
  5. You have a beautiful kitchen, Rachel! Love, love, love the teapot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.
      I've only had my tea pot for a year and I love it too. Adds a nice touch to my kitchen.

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...