Tuesday, October 28, 2014

School Days

Another school year is underway!
 Each year my kids are good sports as I take their back to school pictures.







Our school year started on August 25th.  Since we have a new building that is being rented for Bible studies, English lessons, and other outreach opportunities, we decided to move school to that location as well.  It is only a 7 minute walk from our house.  Our family does well with a very structured school schedule and routine.  These first 9 weeks have been quite productive and the kids are still going strong.  We added a few fun classes to our schedule this year to keep school exciting. 


Our room is bright and cheery.  I'm thinking....hoping it will keep our spirits up during the long, dark winter days. 

I love my big desk that was already in the building when we started renting it.  It gives me lots of room to spread out as I score papers and test. 
 



Some days it just doesn't matter how pretty the school room is, I have to pull out my survival kit!


 Happy schooling to all you fellow home-schoolers!


 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

10 comments:

  1. I love it! It's great to have all that space AND a huge teacher's desk!! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having just one room designated for school does make a big difference - especially with four students :)
      Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

      Delete
  2. I am so thAnkful God blessed you with such an amazing school room. :-) Happy homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing in our joy of our "new" school room. I'm glad you stopped by for a visit!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of back to school photos. I wish I had done that. Where was Pinterest when I needed it?? Anyhow, love your school room and that dark chocolate but mine would accompany coffee. Btw, is it dark there early? It's dark here at 5:30 now and before long it'll be dark at 4:15. Makes for a long hard winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tori, it is fun to go back and look at how the kids have changed over the years. I actually didn't get the idea from Pinterest - aren't you shocked? Several years ago a friend posted pictures of her kids with information such as their grade, age, school, etc. I've been doing it ever since. I will admit though that I get some creative photo ideas from the ever popular Pinterest.
      Yes! It gets dark here very early. At the darkest part of winter (December) it will not get light until about 9 a.m. and start getting dark again by 3p.m. being completely dark by 4. It is something I never get completely used to. Our yellow school room helps brighten up our winter.
      Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

      Delete
  4. I love your school room. I imagine that would be a really productive way to manage home school. We only have one daughter and she is pretty self-motivated so our home school experience is usually pretty calm. (sometimes Algebra II gets the better of us- and we just have to give in to chocolate and caffeine to get through it) Lol. I recognize the ACE! We do mostly ACE, with a little sprinkling of others mixed in. I am really enjoying your blog. It's been a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by for a visit, Tammy!
      Some of my kids are very self-motivated while others are not. To keep things flowing smoothly and to stay on tract with their schooling, this works well for us. The strict routine is for me too. It's easy for me to get caught up with ministry, housework, projects, etc. One of the biggest perks of homeschooling is doing what works best for us :)
      This year I am facing Geometry, Physical Science, and World Geography, and World History....along with other things. Chocolate keeps me sane most days! :)

      Delete
  5. Love your school room...love your survival kit more...next time invite me to share in your treat :) haha. Love you, Sweet Cousin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DeAna, thanks for stopping by for a visit (even if it was only through my blog). You know you are welcome to share my home and my chocolate treats any time. We'll have to plan to have a cup of tea and some chocolate on our next Skype call. How does that sound?
      Love you and am thankful for you!

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...