Sunday, October 19, 2014

Scripture and a Song

I've always loved listening to Christ-honoring, Scriptural music.  In fact, singing in a choir, with my sister, and other family (when we are together) is something I really miss.  When we plan a furlough to the states, one of the things I look forward to the most is the music at church. 
God uses many different things to challenge and encourage His children and for me, music does both of those things in my life.  Today while singing this song that I've heard many times, the truth of its words spoke to my heart again.  Tears filled my eyes as I carefully considered the message.  How easy it gets to complain and despair  Yes, life is hard....days seem long....trials are hard to bear, but don't give up.  Keep your eyes focused on the Lord. It will be worth it all when we see Christ.  

I Peter 1:7 (KJV)
"That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth,
though it be tried with fire,
might be found unto praise and honour and glory
at the appearing of Jesus Christ:"


When We See Christ
 
Oft times the day seems long, our trials hard to bear,
We're tempted to complain, to murmur and despair;
But Christ will soon appear to catch His Bride away,
All tears forever over in God's eternal day.

It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race till we see Christ.

Sometimes the sky looks dark with not a ray of light,
We're tossed and driven on , no human help in sight;
But there is one in heav'n who knows our deepest care,
Let Jesus solve your problem - just go to Him in pray'r.

It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race till we see Christ.

Life's day will soon be o'er, all storms forever past,
We'll cross the great divide, to glory, safe at last;
We'll share the joys of heav'n - a harp, a home, a crown,
The tempter will be banished, we'll lay our burden down.

It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race till we see Christ.


My fondest memory of this song is when my parents would sing it together -their blend was beautiful.  More importantly was the testimony of their life - they believed every word they sang...and still do. 

What is your favorite verse and/or song that encourages you to keep on when days are long?

 photo rachelsig_zpsc246118c.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I can still hear my Mom singing this song. She had such a beautiful voice and loved to sing all the time whether is was washing dishes or housework, etc... This song brings tears to my eyes too. It WILL be worth it all when we see Christ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole, what sweet memories. Thanks for sharing them. My mom is much the same way - always singing, humming, or whistling.
      Knowing it WILL be worth it all helps get me through some tough times.

      Delete

An encouraging word is always welcome and much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...